APPLICATION SENT!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: November 2003 Archive: APPLICATION SENT!!!
By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 12:08 am: Edit

Just finished my EA application to Georgetown, and will be mailling it tomorrow.

Even though I think I probably won't get in, it feels really get to at least know that it's out of my hands now.

Who hears me?

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 12:24 am: Edit

I am so jealous. I can't wait until my Yale EA app is done. Although all that means is that I get to move on to the 5 or 6 other apps that I have to prepare in the event I don't get in.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 12:32 am: Edit

Good going, Trojan.

My D is sick with some bug, she's going to stay home from school tomorrow. She's missed like 1-1/2 days for grades 9-12. If she has the energy, she's going to work on essays tomorrow. Her head is so clogged right now she can't concentrate. The essays are the last part of her Yale Part II to get done, aside from nagging teachers to make sure their recs are in.
I don't think she'll get into Yale but I may change my mind after seeing the SAT scores on Thursday.
But at least she'll have serviceable essays as the basis for her other six applications.

By Marek (Marek) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 04:20 am: Edit

Princeton ED App sent.

I feel liberated.

By Dancer (Dancer) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 06:15 am: Edit

Sent my applications in last week. I feel like a new person!

By Bamagirl (Bamagirl) on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 11:23 pm: Edit

brown ed app in... now time to fill out all of the others for when the rejection letter comes. oh yeah and cram for the ACT on Sat. and write my psych paper i put off for a week....but i guess it feels nice to know thers really nothing you can do about it.

By Abyss (Abyss) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 12:03 am: Edit

i'll join you tom., Stanford EA.
then i'll too take a deep breath ;)

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 01:09 am: Edit

Hmmm...since I originally posted this I realize that once you send in your app, there's not so much a feeling of "Whew! I'm glad I'm done with that" but a WHOLE LOT of "Should I have made my essay more specific? Was it a bad idea to attach that resume? Should I have submitted those AP scores, even if one's a 2?" etc etc.....

By Canadian_Idol (Canadian_Idol) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 01:40 am: Edit

I wanna fast forward my life a month and a half.

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 03:36 am: Edit

Dec seems like so far away....

By Abyss (Abyss) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 03:38 pm: Edit

how about a year??????

By Baseballtwin86 (Baseballtwin86) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 03:53 pm: Edit

49 days :D Got the countdown going, I'm hoping so much to get into Duke :D

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 05:40 pm: Edit

Is that 49 days until Dec 15? That's almost as long as I've been in school this year...argh...

By Hsimpson2k4 (Hsimpson2k4) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 05:41 pm: Edit

me too baseballtwin86, but you've got a better shot. Have fun going to Duke with my school's vale, she is a shoo-in.

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 09:06 pm: Edit

Yale EA app sent this afternoon. It happened so fast, I went up to the mail counter and before I knew it he had slapped all these stickers on my envelope and it was gone. I must say though it was quite a rush to finally have it mailed, a sense of relief mixed with one of freaking out.

By Mical (Mical) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:02 pm: Edit

MIT and Caltech EA sent Monday. I know I have a small chance. But hey, I can only go up.

By Crazyandy (Crazyandy) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:12 pm: Edit

I got my Case Western Reserve EA sent yesterday ... and also got Virginia Tech, Pitt, and Cincinnati sent. (Already in at Cinci ... Pitt should be letting me know soon hopefully!) I'm done with my apps and am darn glad!

By Lefty9ak (Lefty9ak) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:38 pm: Edit

So nice to have the Stanford app off my hands.

By Ycnan7 (Ycnan7) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:46 pm: Edit

Finally done with Northwestern's. =D

By Abyss (Abyss) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:55 pm: Edit

Stanford was out a few days ago, but I won't feel the greatest effects until next week.

By Lt_Clyde_Frog (Lt_Clyde_Frog) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 11:58 pm: Edit

Sending my MIT EA out tomorrow, i think i can get it since i have good teacher recs, interview went okay and my essay is decent (not fantastic).

By Freak4korn72 (Freak4korn72) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 12:14 am: Edit

I know how you feel, I cannot wait to be done with this, I have applied for 4 scholarships in the past 3 hours. I have 9 scholarships in my school folder, and I have 7+ in my favorites to go back when I have more time. This does not include those that are not available yet.

Luckily i'll only be applying to about 2 more colleges and im this far in the process on my others:

Purdue - ACCEPTED!

University of Dayton - 95% done, I just need to find when my grandma graduated.

Cornell - 70% Awaiting test scores and will write my essays. Giving my teachers the recommendation forms tomorrow, paid the fee.

yay. Almost done!

By Folk_Hero (Folk_Hero) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 06:37 pm: Edit

Just sent off Columbia ED and UChicago EA. Columbia shouldn't count, as I'll never get in. Not feeling too relieved...

By Cooltx75 (Cooltx75) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 06:56 pm: Edit

UPenn ED done. and now time to write for 8 other schools since I wont get in :(...i hate this process

By Homehill (Homehill) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 07:43 pm: Edit

Everything sent to Columbia Engineering but one teacher rec. Incredibly, he has been out sick for entire week and had to sign release of other school stuff. Don't know what to do if he is not in next Monday. His was a dynamite rec. And as two former math teachers have left school, don't have much alternative.But how long do I wait and do I ask current teacher who has had me for all of two month to write a letter? What could I expect as a last minute request?

By Rsxman (Rsxman) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 11:49 pm: Edit

you guys are so lucky. you can apply to more than one early schools.

for me, i can only apply to one early school. it doesnt matter if the school is early action. i can just only apply to one school early.

By Nealp (Nealp) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 12:05 am: Edit

9 sent. 5 to go. + 10 scholarship app.

of 14, 9 are ba/md programs. 5 are regular u.g.

tidbit: don't put the white bunny in the bag. because if you do it will shizzite in the bag so you won't be able to put harmonicas in it. then, since you won't have your harmonicas, you won't be able to play sweet melodies to lure the bunnies into the bag to start with. then whaddya do: jebus, its all in the jebus.

By Andrey1225 (Andrey1225) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 01:46 am: Edit

Stanford EA--sent
UCLA, Berkeley, UCSD, UCI--almost completed (just need the essays)
Cornell, UPenn, Pomona, Brown--haven't started

I hope I wont procrastinate as much as I did with Stanford's.....but old habits are hard to break.

By Quain (Quain) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 02:22 am: Edit

MIT and UMich application sent.

4 more to go.

By Piquant77 (Piquant77) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 03:33 am: Edit

aren't applications really easy to do once the first one is done? You have all your essays and your teachers have finished their recs...Sent all my Yale EA matierla, and planning to use similar stuff for all the CommonApp schools.

By Mancheem (Mancheem) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 11:27 am: Edit

woohoo my upenn app ed finally sent
haha im sucha procrastinator

By Ch2 (Ch2) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 12:08 pm: Edit

Yale EA app just sent!!

By Adubya1110 (Adubya1110) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 01:29 pm: Edit

app just sent. i actually feel like i can breath now. man, sure feels good.

By Tailer426 (Tailer426) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 01:39 pm: Edit

Cornell ED just sent!

By O71394658 (O71394658) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 01:48 pm: Edit

I would've liked to apply Cornell ED, but I can't take the financial gamble.

Not even close to done with anything. I'm not submitting the apps. (online) until mid-December; I still have some tentative stuff to put on my app. that I won't hear about until December. Got my SAT II: Writing done today, and I'm starting my essays today.

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 03:07 pm: Edit

Just sent one in 2 sec. ago! Whoo-hoo! 1 LAC down, 5 more to go!

By Neo (Neo) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 03:26 pm: Edit

Stanford down, SIUC down, U. of IL. down.

MIT, Yale, and NW to go...

By Abyss (Abyss) on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 03:55 pm: Edit

Folk Hero, if you apply for Columbia ED, you are not allow to apply anywhere else EA. oh well

By Folk_Hero (Folk_Hero) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 03:33 pm: Edit

Actually, I am. From the app: "While Columbia does not necessarily encourage the filing of both Early Decision (binding) and Early Action (non-binding) applications, we do not prohibit candidates from doing so."

By Steffie1212002 (Steffie1212002) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 09:38 pm: Edit

I sent my Harvard EA in two days ago (yeah, cutting it close!)... but now I'm just nervous for Dec. I even had a dream about opening an email and getting a rejection. I hope I'm not psychic. 0_0

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 01:23 pm: Edit

Yes! 2 down, 4 more to go!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page