Is anyone else really freaking scared?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Is anyone else really freaking scared?
By Anya (Anya) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 11:57 pm: Edit

I'm so frightened by all this. I'm totally convinced I won't get in anywhere I apply either because I just suck or I end up majorly screwing up the app somehow. I've been reading the archives from last December and March with people discussing their rejections... it's so scary! I don't want to be told my entire high school life amounted to nothing...

Anyone else freaked out about this whole thing too?

By Anya (Anya) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 11:58 pm: Edit

*sigh* I corrected my typo. Don't mind me.

By Folk_Hero (Folk_Hero) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 11:59 pm: Edit

Yes... most of us.

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 12:07 am: Edit

Ditto

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 12:07 am: Edit

Ditto

By Thedad (Thedad) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 12:35 am: Edit

Knowledge is good, including that from reading the archives. I'm pleased that you did this, for you are ahead of the game in expectations now. As long as you have a bona fide Safety and 2-4 Matches, I think you--and everyone else--will be fine.

The real problems for the people who over-estimated their chances at Reaches and didn't have many or any Matches and also had no Safety.

By May_1 (May_1) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 02:40 am: Edit

I just wanted to say that I "officially" (not counting essay drafts) started doing my apps 1 minute ago.

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 04:41 pm: Edit

SIGH. I am stressed. That's my biggest fear: dying of stress. STRESSSSSSS. Ok, I'm done. It's actually not that bad.
Listen, remember, above it all: no one can tell you that you are not a good person. Or that you are not worthy. You are, you are worthy of everything you achieve- but we all get different paths. One is no better than another, it's all about how much you enjoy it.
Also, there is no final line. There's a second chance in everything- don't consider you dreams dead if you don't get lucky first time round.

By Anya (Anya) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 05:56 pm: Edit

yay! I'm not alone. And Asndfkas... that was really nice advice and wisdom up there. thanks.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page