V. Short Essay -- Please Critique

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: V. Short Essay -- Please Critique
By Steffie1212002 (Steffie1212002) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 04:58 pm: Edit

This is in response to which extracurricular had the most meaning to you and why.
Please give me any general comments/criticisms or grammar screwups.

Without question, my journalism experience has been my most memorable extracurricular activity. Apart from the writing, which of course I enjoy tremendously, there are so many other aspects of newspaper production that intrigue me. From my work on the Crusader, Iíve discovered that where Iím happiest is right in the midst of the deadline whirlwind Ė printer problems, lost copy, recalcitrant computers, and all. Few things in everyday life can compare to the exhilaration of putting a newspaper to bed on deadline.

Even a regular day can be pretty hectic. Newspaper people, even just newspaper students, have a restless, creative energy that constantly invigorates me. As editor-in-chief, I am constantly bombarded with questions about suitability of subjects, layouts, production details, and a myriad of other issues. Both teachers and students turn to my staff to accurately and responsibly portray what is happening around them. This means a constant, heightened awareness of not only school news, but also how events beyond our doors impact our lives.

Iím equally delighted to help neophytes learn the trade. As resident Mother Hen, complete with clucks of approval and disapproval, I help new reporters choose and shape their stories. There is something particularly soul satisfying about watching their growth in ability. Not surprisingly, this has given me additional insights into my own writing and journalistic development.

The Crusader has been more than a venue for my craft. It has illuminated a lifelong road for my future endeavors and a profound respect for others who have chosen this path.

Thanks a zillion!

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 05:00 pm: Edit

see below. its an accidental repeat

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 05:01 pm: Edit

repeat!

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 05:01 pm: Edit

i like it. very nice.
of course, there are a few things i would change, but i think that would come down to writing style.

By Steffie1212002 (Steffie1212002) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 07:48 pm: Edit

bump...any grammar mistakes?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page