'Anything Additional' Yale Early App (online)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: 'Anything Additional' Yale Early App (online)
By Buzzy_8 (Buzzy_8) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 06:15 pm: Edit

Hi
I'm trying to use the additional page provided on the online version of the Yale Early app to explain in more detail some of my ECs.

Formatting is a nightmare however. I can't make any part of the test look different, Bold, italics, underlining..nothing works

has anyone else had this problem?
what did you do about it?
how can I make this so I can add the information i need, but still make it readable

thanks for any help

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 06:27 pm: Edit

As far as I know, it's pretty much impossible to format their additional information page any other way. I too am using it to explain in detail my ECs and awards. All I did was list the name of the activity, put the number of years in parentheses next to it, put a colon, and started a new paragraph for the actual description.

By Filo895 (Filo895) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 07:38 pm: Edit

My daughter was working on the Yale online application Part II and found the whole thing to be a nightmare; many entries were not spaced correctly and did not fit the lines properly. She finally gave up, saved the pdf version on the computer, filled it out using the full Adobe Acrobat application, and printed and mailed it. (They say it's fine to do Part I online and Part II "on paper.")

By Sarbear (Sarbear) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 04:01 am: Edit

I ran into the same problem, and decided to do a paper application. I didn't send Part I, so it shouldn't be a problem. Sorry I can't help! By the way, is there an "anything else" section on the paper app too?

By Ellemenope (Ellemenope) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 04:10 am: Edit

I didn't see an "anything else" section on the paper app--either Part I or II.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page