URGENT TRANSCRIPT QUESTION - grades starting from when?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: URGENT TRANSCRIPT QUESTION - grades starting from when?
By Liera (Liera) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 12:21 am: Edit

On the school counsellor form for Yale's application, the instructions say to include a transcript of my marks. Now, is this grade 10 (sophomore), 11 (junior), and 12 (senior) marks? Or just grade 11 and 12?

Anyone who knows, please help! I'm sending out my application in the next couple of days. =(

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 11:24 am: Edit

Your school will send Yale the transcripts from grades 9-12 (I assume you know that you have to arrange to have your school send the transcript, colleges don't want them from you). If you've changed schools, you will need to check with your current school about whether they can send a full transcript for all 4 years or if you need to contact your old school to send something.

By Liera (Liera) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 01:51 am: Edit

Yea here in Canada, our transcripts only contain grade 11 and 12 marks which is why I was asking my Q. But I talked to my counsellor and he printed off copies of my permanent record which contains grades since grade 4 lol. Best thing he can do, he says.

Hopefully the Yale admissions ppl won't punish me for that =P

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:53 am: Edit

I think that should be fine. If you can get your school to send the printout under their official letter head, that would be even better. Best: ask a Yale admissions officer how to handle it.

By Liera (Liera) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 10:49 pm: Edit

I e-mailed an admissions officer at Yale who is responsible for BC, the province I live in. She hasn't replied yet and it's been 3 or 4 days now. Guess they must be too busy to answer e-mails...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page