Additional recommendation aside from your teachers

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Additional recommendation aside from your teachers
By Ceetotheizzle (Ceetotheizzle) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:12 pm: Edit

Can you attach additional reccomendation from say the coordinator of this volunteer program you serve under or from a person who has known you since you've grown up? Will colleges just see this is a nuisance?

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:16 pm: Edit

Sometimes they do. My suggestion to make your essays short, or don't put anything under the "Do you have anything else to tell us?" section. Also, make sure the college that you are applying to allows extras.

By Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 10:12 am: Edit

That's my same problem. I am doing the required one counselor rec, and 2 teacher recs, but I'm also throwing in 3 extra ones. Cornell says they allow extra, so I'm not gonna do the Optional Essay. Recs are important to some schools, so if your extra ones will really set u apart (ie the significance of the person writing it for you) then I would go for it. You dont want to not do it, and then have someone else who is also applying have great recs and you opted not to do extras you thought could have helped. My counselor told me that when applying to college, dont try to humble yourselves too much. You're trying to sell them a product, which is you.

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 10:23 am: Edit

3!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page