Is a handwritten application bad

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Is a handwritten application bad
By Ceetotheizzle (Ceetotheizzle) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:00 pm: Edit

Do colleges prefer online or handwritten. Plus.. i can't figure out a way to edit the pdf file downloaded for most applications. I need a way to type on the pdf file. THus, I must resort to handwritten since not all of the application can be sent in online.

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:21 pm: Edit

Brown even requires a handwritten app.

By Smiley (Smiley) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:48 pm: Edit

use printscreen or snapshot tool of Adobe 6.0 (free). Paste into Word... then you can use textboxes to type

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:49 pm: Edit

It's definetly ok to handwrite it; just make sure you're neat

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:55 pm: Edit

For places that would allow you to type, is it okay to ask someone else to handwrite it for you?

By Willis (Willis) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 09:05 pm: Edit

here's how I did it, with Photoshop (many prolly dont have it so try something similar like paint shop pro or something):

-Get the LATEST version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
-Open up your PDF application or scan it in
-Use the text tool to type text onto the app, making sure the text is the right size and is aligned neatly (takes some trial and error).
-Save for later, or print.

By Zephyrmaster (Zephyrmaster) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 10:18 pm: Edit

My counselor said schools prefer online, and it makes A LOT of sense. Online may be the ONLY way to apply to some schools in the future. WhY?

1.) Money
2.) Time

Two things that make the world continue foward.

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 12:32 am: Edit

3.) fear of anthrax

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 12:46 am: Edit

A typewriter is another option. Oh yea, Brown doesn't require handwritten anymore.

By Rowan (Rowan) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 02:49 am: Edit

The UC is proposing to eliminate hand-written applications altogether very soon (maybe even for the entering class of 2006).

Online is the way to go. There are many photo editing programs you can use to get to it, or, if you're really concerned, shell out the $100 for the Adobe Acrobat program itself so you can do all of that changing.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page