THE INTERNATIONAL DILEMMA....... please.

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: THE INTERNATIONAL DILEMMA....... please.
By Chemos (Chemos) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 04:21 pm: Edit

Hi. I dont have a green card, will come out soon, but I'm not sure when. I have to apply to the colleges'and I'm in the United States...

what am i supposed to do??
i want financial aid, but i dont want to apply international and be at a disadvantage. On the other hand, i cant apply for fin aid as permanent resident, cuz i will run the risk of not having the green card by may.

should i just apply international student and request no financial aid? i might be able to pull it off ofr a year.

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:25 pm: Edit

Wow, that's a really tough question. This is clearly something that only your family can decide. But, just from what I hear, I'd apply as an international student - request no aid (or little if that's an option) and apply to many outside scholarships.

By Thecurious1 (Thecurious1) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 03:07 pm: Edit

umm... are you illegal alien? Because you should have your SSN and that should be enough. btw, what country are you from?

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 03:53 pm: Edit

he's not, because he mentions that there is a chance that he will have his greencard by may.
but even so chemos, i don't think colleges will give you financial aid unless you ALREADY have a greencard- they require a greencard #.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page