Define extracurricular activities

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Define extracurricular activities
By Floyd (Floyd) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 04:41 pm: Edit

hello
in the country where i live in (romania:( ) extracurricular activities do not play any role in the college admission process and schools do not offer any of them so i am in a quite frustrating situation.
q: do colleges in u.s recognize taking up a language course (at a private language school) as an extra curricular activity ?what about being a member of a political or religious group ?
so tell me what exactly is considered EC and what is not considered EC..

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 04:54 pm: Edit

Floyd~

Look in the forum "What are my chances". You'll see many, many resumes of other students. This may give you an idea about the EC of the typical US and International students.

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:31 pm: Edit

why a sad frown next to romania?
anyway, i think colleges have a good idea of the oppurtunities near you. maybe you should offer an explanation through your essay or such if you are really worried.

By Asndfkas (Asndfkas) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:31 pm: Edit

why a sad frown next to romania?
anyway, i think colleges have a good idea of the oppurtunities near you. maybe you should offer an explanation through your essay or such if you are really worried.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page