Sending Application Materials

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Sending Application Materials
By Almondjoy (Almondjoy) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 08:48 pm: Edit

If my teachers send in their recomendation for me, but i havent started an application there yet, do they keep those recs or do they throw them away or what. i know that once u decide to apply somewhere u should fill in the "fast-easy" portion (name, adress, etc) so that they can start a file for u and keep all ur materials together as they come in. If u havent started this "File" yet, what do they do with a rec if u dont have a file? do they keep it for like half year or what? i know that they keep test scores for a year even if u dont have file, right, so what about recs and stuff if u dont have a "file" yet?

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 08:54 pm: Edit

Colleges will never throw away material sent from a student unless it lacks important information such as his name/SS#. Anything sent to a college, regardless of whether YOU'VE sent anything in, should be kept in a file for you.

By Almondjoy (Almondjoy) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 08:58 pm: Edit

sweet. but how long will they keep it for, like a year?

By Baseballtwin86 (Baseballtwin86) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 09:26 pm: Edit

eugh, are social security numbers required? I sent in a research paper that I worked on with my name, along with a rec from my boss. Did I need to include my SSN on there since it already had my name? BTW, this is for Duke ED, should I call them to confirm that they received these materials?

By The_Slc_Bug (The_Slc_Bug) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 09:28 pm: Edit

Yes, you should. They are usually required.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page