Question, SAT IIs for math?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Question, SAT IIs for math?
By Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 07:22 pm: Edit

I am taking the math over, and the first time i took it was the IC in june 2002. I remember that it had quite a bit of geometry. I just finished pre-calc jr year and my friend who took both, told me that I should take the IICs because it was all pre-calc stuff. I'm not the best math student, but at least the precalc is still fresh in my mind, as opposed to geometry from freshman year. Maybe I should just take them both, but I was wondering if someone can tell me more about the Math IICs, like does it have a lot of trig?

By Neo (Neo) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 07:23 pm: Edit

It's got a lot of stuff on it (trig, algebra, coordinate geometry, and functions make up the bulk of it). I'd recommend it over the IC if you've got the math to do so, because the grading curve is easier.

By Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 07:28 pm: Edit

IF i score like the same on both tests, its better to show only the IICs right?

By Xtech (Xtech) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 02:59 pm: Edit

if you send your SAT II's it sends them all now I think

By Wab (Wab) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:49 pm: Edit

If you're good with using your calculator and know your Precal, take the IIC. It looks better and who cares about the grading curve? Hehe.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page