Problems with Yale's Online App

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Problems with Yale's Online App
By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 07:21 pm: Edit

Hey people, I've just about filled out all the information in the Yale online application, but when I preview it, certain things are missing (aside from the things I've left out). For example, it's just blank for "principal or head of school." But there's no where on the online app to put that! I know I can just print it out and fill in that stuff by hand, but I want to send in my apps online whenever possible. Anyone else have this problem?

By Gagner (Gagner) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 10:58 pm: Edit

me too... that among others - I accidentally submitted the 1st part w/o checking it thoroughly. I just clicked "continue" until it said submitted. hmm.. imagine my surprise. I I filled out everything correctly though (well, except for my Alien Reg. number.. left out the A in the begining... whoops) - the print out was all right. Yeah, some parts were missing. Though I can't imagine that will hurt us.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 11:06 pm: Edit

I found the same thing and I called Yale...the "principal" thing *isn't* on the on-line form. Just send your app in anyway. D's app had already been submitted when I noticed it, hence the flash of panic. No big, it turns out...which is usually the case.

By Filo895 (Filo895) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 12:09 pm: Edit

I noticed a "typo" on Part I of D's online Yale application after she submitted it; she left out an "of" in a sentence describing why she's interested in Yale(even though she and her parents all proofread the paragraph!) Obsessive parent that I am (lol), I started to think that she should send a note with the sentence as it should be; then I realized how silly that would be; she would probably look inappropriately obsessive. If she's not accepted because of this "of", Oh Well!!!

By Thedad (Thedad) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 02:21 pm: Edit

Filo, join the crowd about being obsessive. I snort and roll my eyes at some of the obessive questions I see here on CC...but then recognize the same obsessive impulse when reviewing my D's app.

Btw, one of the associate directors of admissions for Yale was at D's school today. They're expecting about 2800 EA apps and anticipate offering 600-700. From memory, the total number of offers to get their class is around 2000, so figure 30 percent of the offers will be EA. You have to listen to him very carefully: there are no score cut-offs. True. But otoh, he said it's well if your SAT I's are in the 1500's. And particularly that they're balanced...a 740/750 is much preferred to a 690/800.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page