Important Question about teacher recommendations

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Important Question about teacher recommendations
By Zephyrmaster (Zephyrmaster) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 01:08 am: Edit

I would prefer to have a history and an English teacher write me recommendations for two of the schools I'm applying to (they don't seem to require a math/science rec). Should I get a math/sci. rec to be less one-dimensional? I have a weaker SAT math score (650), any help? Thank you!

By Mystiman (Mystiman) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 01:16 am: Edit

Which schools are you applying to?
You know a rec. from an english teacher counts a lot so you better get one, the same goes for maths.

By Zephyrmaster (Zephyrmaster) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 06:47 pm: Edit

Really? So ehat do you all suggest?

By Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 07:01 pm: Edit

I think a history and an english is fine. I'm getting from english and spanish.

By Rosiebabe5 (Rosiebabe5) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 05:47 pm: Edit

Mystiman, do recs from certain subjects really mean more than others? Cause you said... "you know a rec. from an english teacher counts a lot"... just wondering. I got one from Bio and one from English.

By Aznbrouhaha (Aznbrouhaha) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 07:13 pm: Edit

"Mystiman, do recs from certain subjects really mean more than others? "

NO.
As long as it's from a main subject, not an elective sort of thing.

By Tommy0850 (Tommy0850) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 07:28 pm: Edit

Really?
I am having my newspaper teacher/advisor do one because that's what I'm interested in and I'm one of the best writers on the paper. I'm applying to Yale so do you really think having an English teacher is better (in addition to my history teacher)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page