Williams students!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Williams students!
By Stanfordhopeful (Stanfordhopeful) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 10:57 pm: Edit

I recently heard that drunkenness seems to be quite the thing on campus. Seeing as how most of the activities are college-related, I don't find that surprising. What I want to know is whether drinking is a big part of the social scene? A student who recently visited stated that the tour guides were quite nonchalant about it and even offered them drinks at a party.

By Haon (Haon) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 10:02 pm: Edit

I don't find that this is true. There is definitely a significant amount of drinking on campus but there is also a significant amount of students NOT drinking. Alcohol is easy to get for students who drink and other activities are easy to find for students who don't drink.
The college's alcohol policy is such that underage drinking isn't discouraged as long as it is pursued in safe, supervised manners...IE, drinking games and hard alochol are not allowed, beer in small groups is. Security has a large presence around campus and does an excellent job making sure nobody puts themselves in harms way by drinking.

Personally I'm not a heavy drinker (barely a drinker at all) and my roommate and his girlfreind don't drink at all. None of us find this to be the slightest problem when it comes to partying/finding things to do.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page