I need some essay tips

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: I need some essay tips
By Sid_Mathur (Sid_Mathur) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 07:31 pm: Edit

Hey, I have to write this essay for a certain school by the end of the week and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips in writing the essay because I cant think of what to write. Here is the prompt:

1. How is the person you know yourself to be different from the person your family and friends know you to be?

By Sid_Mathur (Sid_Mathur) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 08:07 pm: Edit

bump

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 08:33 pm: Edit

If I were writing this (and that is a big if!) I would relay it in more of a story form than a description - describe an incident in which you know yourself to be different from the perceptions of yourself. It could be anything from choosing between extracurricular activities, which courses you like, how you feel about a person, etc. For me, I could write about how everyone around me in middle school thought I was a basketball player, and I dropped it in high school for distance running - which I love, but not many people knew it or would have expected it. You're probably working under huge space and word constraints, so tell a story. Don't fit your entire genetic code into it.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 08:34 pm: Edit

just describe your inner feelings.......compare and contrast what your friends/famlily think of u with what u think of yourself

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page