Anyone applying to cornell hotel?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: October 2003 Archive: Anyone applying to cornell hotel?
By Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 08:32 pm: Edit

I have an interview there on the 20th. I'm really nervous, because I want to get into this program so badly. The more I read about it, its like the more it seems like it was made for me. On the Cornell website, it says that for the hotel interviews, it's advised to make sure that I have read the Hotel School catalog prior to the interview. Does anyone know exactly what the Hotel School catalog is??

Another thing, if one of the questions that they ask me during the interview is something to the affect of, when did you realize that you wanted to come to Cornell/this program, do you think that it would be bad to say that I didn't really realize it until the last minute, because I had planned on studying interior design and getting into an art school, but after going to a summer program at the art school I had originally intended on going to, I realized that it wasn't something I really wanted to do, and the school atmosphere didnt seem right with me. Cornell was always in the back of my mind when my friends had told me they had a hotel program that they thought I would be great at, and then after I actually looked deeper into it, I instantly fell in love with the program at their school, and it felt really right that I made this decision. Would they see this as being fickle, and they would question whether I would get bored of this?

By Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 02:50 pm: Edit

?

By Alimshk (Alimshk) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 02:58 pm: Edit

It's a good story.

By The_Slc_Bug (The_Slc_Bug) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 02:59 pm: Edit

Don't say "I thought of it at the last minute!" That doesn't sound too good. Just explain the story to them, and how you feel that you belong there.

As for the Hotel catalog, either call them or search their website for info.

I am applying to Cornell, too! A&S for transfer in Spring of this year. All I have to do is send in my midterm report and I'm done, as long as my academic advisor has sent in her letter. She's being really annoying lately.

Oh well. Good luck! I've heard it is a pretty fun program. You get to stay at nice hotels for free, and you have to go to Dean's lecture every Friday or something similar, where you are graded on how you're dressed.

By Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 10:08 pm: Edit

You're so lucky that you are going to Cornell! Good luck with everything!

By Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 10:08 pm: Edit

You're so lucky that you are going to Cornell! Good luck with everything!

By The_Slc_Bug (The_Slc_Bug) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 10:11 pm: Edit

Haha well I'm not exactly "going" yet, just in the process of applying. My stomach is in knots; I really really *really* love this school. It just feels like the right place for me. STRESS. Arg.

By Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 02:40 pm: Edit

Can someone explain to me the difference between waitlisted and deferred? My teacher told me that his daughter was deferred for cornell when she applied but she made it in eventually and just graduated with a great job.

By The_Slc_Bug (The_Slc_Bug) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 02:55 pm: Edit

Deferred means that they hold your application and review it the next time around, I believe.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page