Im worried about my GPA and SAT scores

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Im worried about my GPA and SAT scores
By Hkdude (Hkdude) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 01:02 pm: Edit

well I have around a 3.62 GPA after my jr. and soph. year, and right now im worried it's too low compared to other people around the country. My SAT I's are low also, pulling in a poor 1120. I'm very worried that I will get all these rejection letters come next year. i have taken 2 ap courses in which i recieved B's in and didn't pass the ap tests with scores of 2's! Is there anyway that I can raise up my GPA through senior year? Or should I just forget it and study like crazy on the SAT's and hope to get a 1300 and up? dang I really need help...!!!

P.S. im in the california area wanting to go to a UC. For sure i got UCR but i want somewhere else...thanks

By Batman (Batman) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 05:05 pm: Edit

Don't be so hard on yourself. Your GPA is good and your SAT is above the national average, plus you still have time to raise your scores. Colleges won't know what you scored on the AP exams unless you tell them. Just keep working, improve your SAT score and try your best to ace your current classes. There are plenty of schools that will be interested in you.

By Ageorgis (Ageorgis) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 05:40 pm: Edit

After doing much research in the past few days, you shouldn't really stress. Research has proved to me that it really doesn't matter as much as to where you get your undergrad degree from as to where you get your graduate degree from. As long as you perform extremely well in undergraduate work you will be able to get into one of the top tier graduate schools, and that is where it truly matters. So don't worry about things too much :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page