Does taking college courses help?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Does taking college courses help?
By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 04:21 am: Edit

Last summer I took a macroeconomics class at a local university (University of the Pacific) and got an A.

How much does this help college admissions (it's somewhat related to my intended major, political science.)

By Folk_Hero (Folk_Hero) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 01:48 pm: Edit

Yes, it helps! Do it! There's space on many apps to list any "college level" courses you've taken. This is "showing initiative," "going beyond the classroom." It looks great.

By Makodan (Makodan) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 03:11 pm: Edit

Could you include drivers ed on that if you took it at a community college or can you only list credit bearing classes.

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 06:07 pm: Edit

I don't think driver's ed will help you much: everyone has to take that somewhere.

By Ageorgis (Ageorgis) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 07:27 pm: Edit

I will have 15 college credits when I apply to colleges. I've been told by members on this forum that 15 credits are "nothing," so I don't know what to tell you.

By Thenarrator (Thenarrator) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 12:18 am: Edit

If the college you attend accepts all 15 credits, it definitly is not "nothing." 15 credits is a full semester's worth of class. If all 15 are applicable towards your degree, you may be able to graduate early or take a lot less classes. You will save time and money.

People on this board tells you its nothing because a lot of ppl here has 25+, but 15 is def not nothing

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page