STATISTICS AP VS COMPARITIVE GOVERNMENT AP

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: STATISTICS AP VS COMPARITIVE GOVERNMENT AP
By Sprite04 (Sprite04) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 05:13 pm: Edit

STATISTICS AP VS COMPARITIVE GOVERNMENT AP

I can only take one of these courses. I am equally interested in goverment and statistics. All things being equal, which is more impressive to adcoms.

Thanks

By Knutz (Knutz) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 05:34 pm: Edit

At my school I chose AP Comp. Gov. It was a great class. I chose AP Calc BC over Stat AP, because I think colleges regard Calc as the more difficult class. If you're already taking a Calc AP (either AB or BC), I'd say go from Comp Gov instead of Stat. If you're not, and Stat will be your only math class, I'd still say take Comp gov. It just seems to me that a poli-sci track will be a bit more impressive to a college, considering you can take intro stat classes in any college. However if you're inclined to research or mathematics and engineering, and are applying to such schools, then you may want stat. I myself am more of a humanities guy.

Hope this helps.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page