Book prize

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Book prize
By Somebody (Somebody) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 10:04 pm: Edit

Yo. Does it help him a lot if somebody's received a book prize? ex. Harvard Book Prize, Caltech Signature Award, etc.

By Serene (Serene) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 10:10 pm: Edit

No.

By Smiley (Smiley) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:31 am: Edit

Good... cuz my school stopped giving them out a few years back "because it took too long and everyone got hot and restless..." lol

By Flashbackfl (Flashbackfl) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 04:04 pm: Edit

I disagree, Book Awards are very prestigious in many schools. Only the top ten ranked students get them at my daughters H.S. I've read where this is definitely a good award to list.

By Soozievt (Soozievt) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 08:55 pm: Edit

At our high school book awards only went to the top girl and top boy in the junior class. A book award will not get you into college. But it is just one more award or achievement that one would list on an app. A student needs to show that he/she has achieved. A book award is just one of the many types of achievements one could show. My daughter got that award from Wellesley College and she will list it on her app with other awards. Obviously there are other good awards or selections besides book awards, but book awards are one of the ones that is widely recognized.
Susan

By Somebody (Somebody) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 11:59 pm: Edit

Also, are they school awards or national awards?
Thanks

By Lebron (Lebron) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 03:12 am: Edit

what the hell is a harvard book prize/award? i got univ. of rochester award in humanities and social sciences, but... ?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page