International: Courses at local college before matriculation

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: International: Courses at local college before matriculation
By Jason (Jason) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 03:29 am: Edit

Hi,

I'm a student from Australia, applying to college in the US. Because our school year runs on a Feb-Nov cycle, I will have 8 months between the end of school and the beginning of college in the US.

Basically, I don't want to do nothing during that time, because I think that I'd forget most of what I've learnt in high school and be "out-of-practice" academically when I begin college in the US. So my plan is to take a light course load at my local university.

Is this allowed? Will I have a problem recieving freshman status in the US if I have already spent half a year at college in Australia? I obviously don't want to be forced to enter as a transfer student.

Thanks

By Jason (Jason) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 01:17 am: Edit

bump

By Y17k (Y17k) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:15 am: Edit

No.. my brother goes to melbourne university, and i dont think u can do that

Btw, can i ask a few questions?

1. Were you actually accepted in any US colleges yet?
2. If so, what college?
3. What were your SAT 1, SAT II marks (dont post if personal)
4. What state do you live in? (i live in vic)
5. How old are you?
6. What was your ENTER score (again, dont answer if too personal), if youve completed VCE, or anyhting of that sort

Thx in advance for your answers

By Jason (Jason) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 03:38 pm: Edit

By Y17k (Y17k) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 07:59 am: Edit

?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page