Help! SCHEDULE problems!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Help! SCHEDULE problems!
By Nealyac (Nealyac) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 09:06 pm: Edit

ok at my retarded school they like to do something which they call "A/B" days which means you have 2 different classes for 1 block or period. A is monday, wed,fri and B days are on tuesday and thursday

This is what my schedule looks like now untouched:
1A Honors Economics(only for five weeks)/ AP Government Note: dont have a first block tuesday and thursaday due to "A/B" thing
2 Honors Physilogy
3 Study Hall
4A Journalism 3
4B Yearbook 5

Even though school has started today I have not had the chance to talk to my counselor because some of the poor little freshmans didn't get a schedule because the stupid guidance counselors are lazy asses and dont do anything. Anyway, since I don't have a class 1st block tomorrow im going to talk to my counselor during that time so we can talk about my schedule.
Here's the problem: I hate the study hall! i absolutley hate that class. its a pointless class that doesnt even give you credit. so i decided i'll try to be a teachers assistant or something. Also, since i have to drive my little sister to school i really dont want to wake up on the off days and come back home you know so i need to add a class for the B days. which means i would add AP english even tho i didnt do any of the homework over the summer the teacher still wants me in the class and said i can make it up later if i decided to join. then i would have ap government on tuesday and thursday rahter than monday, wed, fri like i do now and have english monday,wed, fri. i was also thinking not doing ap english and just do government and be a t.a. on the off days. but then id be a t.a. for 2 blocks wouldnt that look dumb to colleges?

Here is one example of how my schedule can read:
1A AP Lit
1B AP Gov
2 Physiology
3 T.A.
4B Yearbook
4A Journalism

Second example:
1A AP gov
1B T.A
2 Physiology
3 T.A.
4A journalsim
4B yearbook

I feel like a freshman i don't know what to do. public high school sucks

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 04:20 pm: Edit

1A AP Lit
1B AP Gov
2 Physiology
3 T.A.
4B Yearbook
4A Journalism

This.
Where is your math?

By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 04:29 pm: Edit

and your language?
I like block classes myself- not so much wasted time in between classes
I am assuming you play a sport since you don't have PE?

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 04:49 pm: Edit

What about math? At the very least, see if you can get into some kind of english class as well, even if it is not an AP class. Colleges will look for both math and English in your senior schedule.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page