Are my cources hard enuf

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Are my cources hard enuf
By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 05:54 pm: Edit

hey there,
i'm going to be a senior next year...is my cource load hard enuf to get into a good school if i get like all A's in my classes?
1st senester:
A.P Physics B
Humanities
Chorale (the highest level of choir in my school)
Religions of the World
Adv-Pre Calc
2nd semester:
A.P. Physics
adv- pre calc
Chorale
econ (we do not have this at the a.p. level)
Senior english honors

I am not taking a language because i already made it thru French IV and my school only offers French V A.P. which i thought would be too difficult....plus i know i wanna switch to italien in college

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 01:43 am: Edit

bump

By Kewkiekid (Kewkiekid) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 01:47 am: Edit

have you maxed out on APs at your school?

what kind of colleges are you looking at?

and it's ENOUGH.

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 02:42 am: Edit

no i have not maxed out on aps
i am looking at connecticut college, skidmore, Northestern, Cornell, UC irvine, Tufts,
as a music/theater major

By Gagner (Gagner) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 07:47 am: Edit

Music/theatre major? Do they even look at academics? Are your auditions pieces good? Isn't that the more important question.

By Crystal_Baller (Crystal_Baller) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:39 pm: Edit

ENOUGH --- COURSE ugh.

By Kewkiekid (Kewkiekid) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 12:56 am: Edit

usually you have to meet min. requirements for the school and then apply to the theatre dept....but kinda like athletics if you're really good the department head can get you in.

try to take as many APs as you can handle and/or CC courses.

GPA is important.

UC irvine will be hard to get into if you're not from CA b/c there's really restrictive enrollment caps starting next fall. i'm assuming Cornell is your reach?

By Kewkiekid (Kewkiekid) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 12:56 am: Edit

oh and colleges will look a lot more at your junior year...how was that? what classes did you take? what grades? etc.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page