Course Selection (Science)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Course Selection (Science)
By Zingares (Zingares) on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 10:53 am: Edit

I am going to be a sophmore in the fall. I will be taking AP Chem and Physics H, whereas last yeer I took Chemistry H and Biology H. After this year I will have done 4 years of science. The only other AP Science there is, is biology. I would prefer not to take that course because I'm not that great in biology (A- in honors). Yes, we do not have an AP physics. I know the top colleges prefer four years of science, which I have. Are they going to look at my schedule and admire the fact that I finished the sciences after sophmore year, or look down on the fact that I had two extra years of no science and decided not to take AP Bio (even though I will fill it with another almost worthy class, and maybe give myself a study)?

By Serene (Serene) on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 12:55 pm: Edit

hmm... self-study for AP Physics if you like Physics H and take the AP test =) also consider community college classes =)

Unless you don't want to major in science, and concentrate on some good humanities classes! =)

By Zingares (Zingares) on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 02:26 pm: Edit

Yeah I am self studying AP physics while taking the honors and will take the test at the end of the year. That still would leave two years without science. I can look into community college classes but I don't see how u can fit those in during the school year, and for summer classes they probably don't offer anything more advanced than what I have taken.

By Zingares (Zingares) on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 08:56 pm: Edit

Bump

By Crystal_Baller (Crystal_Baller) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 01:15 am: Edit

im not sure if doubling up on science counts as four years of the subject

By Zingares (Zingares) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 11:14 am: Edit

they would have to notice though the courses that I took and the courses that I had left and look upon it more favorably right. Because I will have finished all our math by junior year, and I don't want them to think only 2 years of science and 3 years of math.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page