ACT or SAT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: ACT or SAT
By Orangeclock (Orangeclock) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 05:31 pm: Edit

WHich do colleges prefer? If I did well on the SAT 1370, but not so well on the ACT 25, will colleges ignore the lower ACT score?

By Me1 (Me1) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 05:35 pm: Edit

If you did better on the SAT, you can just send in the SAT & not the ACT. For the most part, college in the midwestern areas prefer the ACT & everwhere else the SAT, but if they give you the option to send either (most do), I'd just send in whichever's better.

By Orangeclock (Orangeclock) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 10:30 pm: Edit

Thanks. THe problem is that I already wrote on the form the 4 colleges I want my scores sent to. I don't take the test until september 27ththough, the score 25 is just a good estimate based on 2 practice ACT's. Is there anyway of keeping the ACT scores from being sent to the colleges I indicated?
THanks

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 08:03 am: Edit

No, you can't keep the scores from being sent once you've already ordered score reports, but don't worry! Colleges will consider only your best test score for admission!

By Kissy (Kissy) on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 07:12 pm: Edit

You can contact ACT by phone and have them drop your request for the school reports you signed up for. I believe you can do this until the week prior to taking the test, but call them and check to make sure. It's usually beneficial to wait till you have your test results and pay the extra fee if you decide to have your results sent out. It may mean an extra $20 or so, but could make a big difference in college acceptances, fin aid, etc.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page