Stanford/U of Chicago EA

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Stanford/U of Chicago EA
By Cmaher (Cmaher) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 01:44 am: Edit

Can I apply to both using EA? Thanks.

Doh.. Not stanford.. Princeton.. I think Harvard only allows it to be the sole EA school..

By Cmaher (Cmaher) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 01:51 am: Edit

damnit.. princeton is ED.. hmm

can I apply EA and ED to two schools?

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 11:04 am: Edit

It depends on the terms of the specific ED program. Some ED schools don't allow you to apply EA to other schools, so read the specific policies to see.

By Sac (Sac) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 04:16 pm: Edit

Chicago allows you to apply EA there and anywhere else. Stanford, however, does not. Princeton, as you noted, is ED.
Therefore, you could apply to Chicago and any other non-exclusive EA school (MIT? Georgetown? etc). Or you could apply to Stanford EA and Chicago RD. Or you could apply to Princeton ED, which would bind you to go there if accepted.

By Cmaher (Cmaher) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 05:30 pm: Edit

why cant I do EA and ED.. if I EA to U of Chicago and ED to Stanford or something...

If I get accepted by Stanford, I turn down Chicago, the more likely scenario: I get rejected by Stanford and accepted by Chicago and I attend..

Is it against the rules to apply EA to one school and ED to another, they are two seperate things, one is nonbinding.

By Sac (Sac) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 06:24 pm: Edit

To repeat, Stanford does not have ED. It has single-choice, non-binding EA. This means that if you apply to Stanford early you are not allowed to apply any place else early. However, since it's non-binding, if you get accepted to Stanford early you are not required to attend and can still apply elsewhere RD including Chicago. The advantage of this would be that you can compare financial packages if you are also accepted elsewhere.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page