Questions concerning SAT paper registration

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Questions concerning SAT paper registration
By Mic (Mic) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 12:10 am: Edit

Hi there!

I use the paper registration (int'l school outside the States not open to the public, so can't register online) and have some trouble with registration. Please help!

#1 What can I do if my telephone number is an 8-digit one when there are only 7 boxes on the form, should I add the 8th outside the box?

#2 There are two places asking for my mailing address. The form indicates that if the mailing address is outside the US, fill in Item 14, then should I fill in Item 16 as well? Item 16 asks for Street Address, City, State, Zip Code (US only). Do I have to leave them all blank or fill in Street Address and City, or only Street Address?

#3 In Item 14 asking for int'l mailing address, what does it mean by "Date?" The date for the test or the date I sign the form?

I particularly appreciate your feedback if you have registered via mail!

Thanks in advance!

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 01:08 am: Edit

#1 Don't enter a number at all ..they wont call u anyway...
#2 Do both items 14 & 16...
#3 The date u sign the form...

Registering by mail is pain in the ass...why can't u register online?

By Mic (Mic) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 01:48 am: Edit

Joeybg: It's an int'l school NOT open to the public, so only students who are enrolled there can register to take it. When I put the test center code, the online registration just popped up saying "You can't register online at this test center."

Are you sure of your info.? Have you previously registered via mail? Thanks if your info works out.

#1 Yeah I know they won't call, but on the envelope it indicates to fill out the telephone for int'ls. I'm just afraid they might not process my registration.

#2 What about Item 16, should I just fill in Street Address, or Street Address and City?

Thanks!

By Amylase (Amylase) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 08:01 pm: Edit

#1, nobody will call you
#2 fill both
#3 the date you filled the form

by the way, Mic, which country are you from?

By Mic (Mic) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 11:08 pm: Edit

Amylase: Sorry I don't want to say specifically, just at an int'l school. Does it matter very much?

Hmm, sorry but I still don't get you. Did you read my second post asking Joeybg specifically about whether I should fill out "City?" And so you didn't fill out the "Telephone," did you?

Anyway, thanks for taking time to read and respond! I really appreciate it!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page