Why dont more people apply online?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Why dont more people apply online?
By Sid_Mathur (Sid_Mathur) on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 10:35 pm: Edit

I'm applying online to all 10 universities that I am applying to. I've noticed though that many people prefer not to apply online. Why is this? Is there a disadvantage in applying online? I thought it was a lot easier.

By Smiley (Smiley) on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 10:37 pm: Edit

People who like to show off how fancy they can get with the presentation would probably not want to do online... Some may take comfort in feeling the paper in their hands and dropping it into an old-fashioned mail box. Others may not have access online or may not know how to use online apps....

By Jayv85 (Jayv85) on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 10:38 pm: Edit

I'm not applying online. I don't know, I just think it's easier to send your extra stuff in with the application all at one time, which is why I'm applying through mail.

By Mical (Mical) on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 10:41 pm: Edit

Can I apply just one part online or does it have to be the whole thing? I've already used the internet to submit my Part A to two schools. I'd like to submit my Part B through the mail, however.

By Mike212 (Mike212) on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 10:42 pm: Edit

I applied to all my schools (6) online. I think it is so much easier to do it online... I also think that it might be a control issure to those who are applying to the IVYs. They don't want a single error, so by not applying online they are in total control of what they send. If I were applying to an IVY, I would be like most others and apply by hand and snail-mail(Sp?)..... I agree with you though, it's so much easier to apply online!

By Sid_Mathur (Sid_Mathur) on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 11:11 pm: Edit

well, applying online is much easier and better especially if your handwriting sucks. Also, if you apply by paper, You have to deal with Cross-outs which can really look bad if u have too many, but you don't have to worry about that when you apply online.

It's much easier AND faster

By Emyh (Emyh) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 08:56 pm: Edit

I'm applying to 3 schools out of 7 online (my safeties). For all the onlines one, I have paper copes to look at. I feel more uneasy about the online ones because the paper copy gives me more assurance. My top choices/reaches, though, I am definitely NOT applying online.

By Fiza (Fiza) on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 12:52 am: Edit

wow interesting question!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page