Most important accomplishment?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Most important accomplishment?
By Neilverma (Neilverma) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 09:46 pm: Edit

In your opinion, which do you think is the most important accomplishment for admissions?

I know they are all important and you won't get anywhere with one and not another, but which do you think one should devote the most time to achieving? (i.e. SAT vs. Rank/GPA ?)

By Wab (Wab) on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 01:16 am: Edit

I think I've heard that it's GPA. Maybe rank...

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 01:38 am: Edit

GPA... as someone said, the grades are a marathon, and the SAT is a sprint - this was actually in regards to the LSAT, but still holds true. An excellent GPA with decent SATs will get you a lot further than a decent GPA with excellent SATs.

By Crystal_Baller (Crystal_Baller) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:36 pm: Edit

not true. the SAT is used to measure grade inflation. if you have a 4.0 and an 1100 on the SAT, most universities will think your grades were easy to achieve since the national standard (SAT) says you're school isn't hard. so even if you take AP courses, the only way you can prove your grades aren't inflated are by scoring fives on the exam, which diminishes the importance of the SAT.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page