Warn Your Sibs

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Warn Your Sibs
By Valpal (Valpal) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 12:01 am: Edit

If you think the competition is hot and heavy now, listen to this:

"According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, graduating high school student populations will coninue to rise from 2.8 million in 2000 to 3.2 million by 2008".--- From, "What It Really Takes To Get Into The Ivy League & Other Highly Selective Colleges", by Chuck Hughes, copywrite, 2003

In the coming years, the best stand-outs will be those who work to position themselves for the competition well ahead of high school. With the advent of the "new" SAT, persons possessing the best essay writing skills will post the strongest verbal scores. Best to pay close attention in Algebra II class, also. Choose a few ECs you can remain "passionate" about early and work 'em! I predict that there will emerge a new psychological syndrome: Pre-College Traumatic Stress Syndrome, PCTS---LOL!

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 01:49 am: Edit

Ignorance is bliss.

By Uncchlocalmayor (Uncchlocalmayor) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 03:05 am: Edit

maybe i should make enough money so that my children won't have to attend college.

By Bitz (Bitz) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 01:12 pm: Edit

Or maybe it would be good to get into that elite college you want to go to, make close contacts with professors and adcoms, and then parlay your experience into an acceptance for your family members.

By Shennie (Shennie) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 06:26 pm: Edit

Or maybe people will start paying attention to some of the excellent schools outside of the top 25...

By Mazzo (Mazzo) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 08:40 pm: Edit

nicely said shennie.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page