What r u taking at your school?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: What r u taking at your school?
By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 12:45 pm: Edit

Hi...I am an international student and we here have a very "unusual" high school system -- well probably NOT that odd after all -- but still pretty diff .I take classes at The local English Language Schools .So, we study like all the subjects possible throughout the high school exept for 8 th grade when we 've got 30 classes in English a week + just the basic ones math ,literature,art ,sport and music...
BTW there are many types of schools ,French...Spanish....Italian...Russian...German Language Schools and basically they all study a language for 20~30 hours a week during their 1st year...
So during 9th,10th and 12th classes we have LITERATURE & BULGARIAN LAN,ENGLISH ,GERMAN,MATH,HISTORY,PHYSICS,CHEMESTRY,BIOLOGY,GEOGRAPHY & ECONOMICS, SPORT , COMPUTER "STUFF", ETHICS AND LAW OR PHILOSOPHY...
Oh and I 've forgot to mantion that all these subjects r OBLIGATORY...
And will the schools "appreciate" the fact that the prog is challenging and be less demanding of the grades..My grades ain't that bad at all, they are still not perfect ...All yeah ...how important are the term grades ,we have 2 terms a year and there is a mark for each of the terms but at the and we receive an year GRADE in each subject -- whch really counts HERE... I don't know .... does the adcom pay much attention to the term marks...oh yeah btw our average score is based only on the YEAR GRADES the term ones do not count...
How does "the SYSTEM" work in your country..?What r u taking at your school?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page