Advice, please, regarding school's talent contest

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Advice, please, regarding school's talent contest
By Dancer (Dancer) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 07:54 pm: Edit

My major EC has been competive dancing and I've won or placed in numerous regional events. Is that noteworthy to mention under "honors, prizes"? I mean it's not the Russian ballet, but nevertheless I've devoted blood, sweat and tears and I love it.

And if those things are worth mentioning, would this subject be good for an optional essay:
The one prize in dance that meant the most to me was winning the school's talent contest...why? Because two times, I walked on stage and took my pose - only to have to walk off because of faulty tape equipment. They thought they had it fixed..so the 3rd time I took my position and guess what--it still didn't work. At that point, I announced to the audience and judges that I would dance the routine without the music. I guess what I would like to stress is that in spite of a majorly awkward situation, I was able to keep my focus and poise.
Is this a good or dumb idea? or is it something that would be better notated in my activity sheet and think of something else to write about?

Thanks for help.

By Atpchik (Atpchik) on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 05:22 pm: Edit

OOOOO I see an awesome essay opener come up. You could mention the whole faulty tape thing and it would be a humorous opener whcih you chould later take into your commitment to dance. I think you should def include it in your honors/prizes, or if not def in the section of additional info. I myself am in Science Olympiad and mentioned the medals I recieved there!

By Dancer (Dancer) on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 05:43 pm: Edit

thanks for the feedback!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page