Admissions essays

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Admissions essays
By Emma (Emma) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 06:12 pm: Edit

A few questions...

What essays do you have to do for Brown (cant find on website), NYU and UPenn (computer messing up so can't view the applications)?

Do you think a good essay theme would be why I decided to study in America, all influences, how i went about it etc etc... or is that too close to home (eww i keep using cliches)?

Thanks!

By Serene (Serene) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 06:18 pm: Edit

NYU: choose one of the following:
A. Tell us about a person, place, or event in your life that has particular meaning for you, and why it is important to you. We'd especially like to hear about someone or something that has affected your life that may not have been noticed by other people.
B. Tell us about something you did last Sunday afternoon.
C. Write about your interaction with your friends. Explain why you and your friends might become the next great sitcom, and describe your role in the show.
D. Select a creative work -- a novel, a film, a musical piece, a painting, or other work of art -- that has influenced the way you view the world and the way you view yourself. Discuss the impact the work has had on you.

By Serene (Serene) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 06:24 pm: Edit

Brown's online app seems to be down. Don't want to register for UPenn.

By Emma (Emma) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 06:40 pm: Edit

Thank you very much Serene!

Anyone know the answers to the other questions?

By Emma (Emma) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 08:25 pm: Edit

bump

By Emma (Emma) on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 11:00 am: Edit

bumpety bump

By Emma (Emma) on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 08:22 am: Edit

Pleaaasssse will someone tell me the UPenn questions... I'm going away for a week tomorrow and i really want to write some then, and my computer isn't working so I can't download the application to find out.

And any comments on the essay theme would be much appeciated.

Thanks! :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page