|By Skittles86 (Skittles86) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 07:56 pm: Edit|
I have two questions to ask:
1) At first, my school said I could take AP English, but after they saw the number of applicants, they declined the offer and told me to take an honors course because some people were better qualified. I qualified for the AP class w/ great grades but due to the # of applicants they said no. Is there any way I can write on my college application that I was qualified and would've have taken the class?
2) My school has a club and one must interview before they can get it, and it's competitive. I interviewed, and was accepted but due to my schedule, I couldn't make any meetings and backed out. Should I let the colleges know about it?
|By Serene (Serene) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 08:05 pm: Edit|
2. No. all students give up things because of time. Not just you.
1. Argue with your counselor. Make them put you back in AP.
|By Firedup17 (Firedup17) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 08:07 pm: Edit|
1) Make sure your guid. counselor clearly explains that situation in their rec letter during application time.
2) If the club is important (a la NHS) you should let the colleges know about it. Otherwise, it could look like an application padder if its un-related to your other EC's. What club is it?
|By Thedad (Thedad) on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 01:51 am: Edit|
I agree with Serene.
*Push* for the AP English. One more body in the class isn't going to make a difference to them and the course can make a big difference to you. If you have to, be a polite but persistent pain in the butt until they sign the right form just to get you to go away. (I seldom recommend this strategy but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.)
|By Serene (Serene) on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 02:34 am: Edit|
NHS isn't that important. Everyone has it. And it's just another community service project.
|By Skittles86 (Skittles86) on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 12:52 pm: Edit|
Thanx for the advice everyone. It's appreciated.
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|