Does Going to More Than One High School Effect Your Chances?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Does Going to More Than One High School Effect Your Chances?
By Rain (Rain) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 01:27 am: Edit

Hello! A friend of mine who had achieved a stellar academic and humanistic record. That includes a 1580 on the SAT's, Upper 700s on SAT II's, a GPA of 4.3, numerous awards, volunteering work, and loads of EC's. Wants to be accepted into an elite University. In her entire High School career she's been to 3 different High School's and managed to complete the stats stated above. Does the fact that she's been to 3 different High School's effect her chances of gaining acceptance to a top university? Or does it serve no relevancy at all? Help please since she's considering EA to her first choice.

By Ctrain890 (Ctrain890) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 09:22 am: Edit

Well, it definitely will not negatively impact her. It could help because moving definitely causes a lot of stress, and the fact that your 'friend' (Is your friend really you?) could pull of those stats in the midst of it is commendable. Also, it will explain why her teacher recs might not be as strong as someone else's.

By Skyblue (Skyblue) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 07:50 pm: Edit

Wow, I agree with Ctrain890. High stats like that are great. I transferred schools my mid-junior year into a tougher high school and adjusting wasn't easy. My grades suffered a decline plus I didn't feel like taking or studying for any SAT's ending my chances to get into good schools. Your friend's marks despite that really show the kind of person she is.

By Rain (Rain) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 09:40 pm: Edit

Thanks guys! I'll inform her of your evaluations.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page