College Interviews

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: College Interviews
By Mazzo (Mazzo) on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 01:08 pm: Edit

I'm planning to schedule an interview at one of my top choice schools and in the near future and was wondering what kind of questions i can expect being asked. i mean other than the normal why do you want to come here? what do you want to study? type.

By Serene (Serene) on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 01:37 pm: Edit

why do we want to accept you? what can you add to our campus? are some of the harder questions.

By Folk_Hero (Folk_Hero) on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 11:39 pm: Edit

I heard about someone who was asked, "What do you do on a typical Friday night?"
And another one: "What makes you angry?"

By Magicdragonfly (Magicdragonfly) on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 11:41 pm: Edit

hmm..I could have so much fun with all of those and still be being honest, but it'd probably tell the admissions people that they don't want me..hehe

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 11:50 pm: Edit

Yeah...for interviews I'm tempted to lie in some cases. What do I do on Friday nights? Well throughout the school day I work my tail off...go to Student government meeting...run a newspaper meeting... and go to dance. Then I try to get some HW done and then I GO OUT, usually to a party or to do some other crazy (but legal) thing. LOL.

By Magicdragonfly (Magicdragonfly) on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 11:58 pm: Edit

heh..i don't do anything on Friday nights..never been to a party..nobody tells me about such things (tho i hear about them the next week) ...people don't think i'd want to do that stuff or something

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 01:11 am: Edit

They're very fun...good for mingling with people and getting to bond with people you're already friends with...some people overdo it and get wasted or high, but that doesn't really happen at the parties I go to, lol.

By Folk_Hero (Folk_Hero) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 04:25 pm: Edit

I get bored at stereotypical high-school movie-style parties! And regardless of who gets embarrassed or whom the cops catch, just chilling with two or three friends suits me much better. I'd try saying, "Well, I'm so busy all week, but Friday night is my night to just relax and have fun with my friends." That makes it sound like a once-a-week thing, a "balance" thing, not an indicator of laziness.

By Jimjunior (Jimjunior) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 09:58 pm: Edit

My Pomona interview sucked, they just asked me what classes I was taking this year (I was a junior). then asked me what I was learning in each of those classes. She was about to end it right there but I kept it going for a little while longer because I felt I hadnt really shown myself yet.

By Amylase (Amylase) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 08:55 am: Edit

the link below takes you to a publication for Princeton Alumni Interviewers!!

It will train you how to interview students, get most out of them. Know how they are trained will give you insight, and give you pretty much control of the situation.

http://www.princetonclubofbeijing.org/ASC%20Notes%20Interviewing.pdf

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page