AP dilemna

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: AP dilemna
By Wulfffish (Wulfffish) on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 02:22 am: Edit

I go to an alternative school and we do not have AP/Honors. Our counselors do send a letter saying that many of our classes are AP/Honors level, but I feel that can only do so much.
The letter also states that we are able to take APs @ other schools. However, I don't have a car, and when I get one I will only be able to take one class do to scheduling.

I am going into my junior year & I have a 3.9, am 5/50, take most challenging classes, have a 1370SAT1 ( am retaking -- projected=1450 - 1500. (based on practice SATs)
By the time I graduate I will have taken through CALC 3 in local college, my ECs are ok

After all this my question is: How much will the lack of APs hurt my chances @ selective schools? Can a college hold me accountable for something that is not easily accessed?

By Serene (Serene) on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 02:24 am: Edit

If your classes are truly AP level, you should take AP tests to show that that's true.

By Wulfffish (Wulfffish) on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 02:36 am: Edit

Good point, I will take the AP Calc AB (& BC next year). Also will take some. Great idea... Thanks

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 05:21 pm: Edit

If you have the colelge credit in calc already, you don't need to take the AP calc test.

By Wulfffish (Wulfffish) on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 05:25 pm: Edit

Oh yeah, but for my junior year my Calc 1 will be @ my highschool, so I will for that one anyway

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page