Which version of Adobe Acrobat?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Which version of Adobe Acrobat?
By Smiley (Smiley) on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 09:14 pm: Edit

Will Adobe Acrobat 6.0 let me save and fill in applications? (No way I'm spending $500 on 6.0 pro... lol)

By Thecurious1 (Thecurious1) on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 10:16 pm: Edit

Ok first of all why would you even want to buy the software just to save the application?!?! Just write all the answers down on a blank page then type them up in the application, then print it. You don't even need to type the answers, you can just print out the application and fill out stuff by hand. Don't waste your money on any software just so you can save one document for once.

By Smiley (Smiley) on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 03:38 am: Edit

Sorry.... figured it out after I posted... Ignore my post

By Delfin (Delfin) on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 09:36 am: Edit

so all you need is Adobe Acrobat 6 to fill in apps? or does the app itself need to be "programed" to be "fill outable" ??

By Smiley (Smiley) on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 05:22 pm: Edit

Try this:
1) Download Adobe 6.0 (free)
2) Using the snapshot tool, save to clipboard...
3) Paste into Word or another program, size
4) Use textboxes and drawing tools of Word to fill in fields
5) Print
(If you feel that there is a slight loss of quality in the copy/pasting process, do steps 1-4 then delete the application image from behind... textboxes, etc. will remain. Then print app. Put paper back through the printer, and print the info. If doing it this way, be sure to make sure that the size & position of the pasted image are identical to that of the Adobe page... you can try printing both out to compare before you start with the text boxes. :-))

Of course, you can save the Word document and edit it as many times as you would like before printing...

Hope that helps!

By Jason (Jason) on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 04:46 am: Edit

"so all you need is Adobe Acrobat 6 to fill in apps? or does the app itself need to be "programed" to be "fill outable" ??"

The app itself needs to be programmed to be "fill outable". If this isn't the case, you can use Smiley's method.

Smiley, what is "snapshot"? Is that another name for print screen?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page