The transcript...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: The transcript...
By Skiesofamber (Skiesofamber) on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 11:07 am: Edit

do colleges see +s and -s on the transcript? I've heard conflicting answers.. If they do get them, does it really make a difference? (I have quite a few A-s, so I'm wondering.)

also, do they look carefully at what classes you're taking? last year was the first year I didn't get straight As (I got two B+s), but I was taking four APs, two honors classes, and another academic class, NO ELECTIVES. will they realize that I really was putting in effort?

By Skiesofamber (Skiesofamber) on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 11:12 am: Edit

oh yeah, this doesn't have anything to do with the transript, but if I have a brother currently entering his sophomore year at a university I want to go to, will that give me a boost at all?

By Almostdone (Almostdone) on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 08:22 pm: Edit

hey - yes i think your brother being a student at the U will definitely give u a boost. usually does, that's why a lot of them ask if u have siblings/cousins etc at their school.

as for your transcript, ask your school. i've heard that a lot of schools put on the + or -, or a specific number grade, but my school does not. just one simple letter, no number no nothing. oh, weird thing is tho, our FINAL EXAM grade comes out next to the letter grade. i wonder if it will confuse the adcom if my transcript says "chemistry----A---79" ? well it DOESNT, but the final grade doesnt necessarily match up with the letter grade.

and yes i think they will realize you were putting in a lot of effort, and a couple B's probably won't hurt too much, especially if you are from a competetive private HS or sth.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page