Procrastinating??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Procrastinating??
By Tennizpro06 (Tennizpro06) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 11:34 am: Edit

Hey! So here's something you don't hear enough on this site.. "How's your SUMMER VACATION going?" hehe, I don't know about you guys but I haven't even started my essays yet. How far behind am I? I really should start I know.. :)

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 11:36 am: Edit

No schools accept applications before October...you still have lots of time

By Ch2 (Ch2) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 02:27 pm: Edit

don't worry - i've been "starting" my essays for the past month and haven't even gotten a rough draft done. it's just a lot easier to do work when you're under pressure. just try coming up with good topics and if you ever think of a good phrase to use write it down. that's what i've been doing and i have about 200 words (for a 500 word essay). then look over what you have so far and decide what to keep and it should help mold your focus. sorry, i'm not much help - i'm procrastinating just like you, but i know i'll get it done. even if it's on midnight on october 31st (ea app due nov. 1) haha - hopefully not!

By Jayv85 (Jayv85) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 03:01 pm: Edit

Everyone's writing essays. But the colleges I'm applying to don't want an essay. Except the one college, but that's if you don't have the required, and I do.

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 04:36 pm: Edit

Ch2, I agree with you. I do my best work when under pressure. My grades tend to be much higher.

By Morgantruce (Morgantruce) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 06:13 pm: Edit

I was going to post something here...

...but I think I'll do it tomorrow instead.

By Serene (Serene) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 06:24 pm: Edit

Nobody does best under pressure. It's just that any essay written in one hour is better than nothing over months. =)

By Hahaha (Hahaha) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 09:04 pm: Edit

eh, i don't know about that. Pressure can add a large sense of motivation and make someone try their very best.

By Jayv85 (Jayv85) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 09:54 pm: Edit

haha, my research paper was written in a day and I got an "A" on that. I do really good under pressure. If I had started it a month early I probably would have got a "B" or less.

By Hahaha (Hahaha) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 11:01 pm: Edit

hehe. I hope there aren't any young malleable minds reading this post; i would hate to promote procrastination to others. lol!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page