Youth Leadership Programs: What should I do?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Youth Leadership Programs: What should I do?
By Duck (Duck) on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 01:26 am: Edit

I'm a rising junior and was selected for the National Young Leaders Conference. I'm not sure if this is something i should do, perhaps if it would be a positive thing for my resume, or if its one of those scams. The invitation says its a non-profit org., so I'm not sure what to do. Please reply

By Pookdogg (Pookdogg) on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 06:13 pm: Edit

I was invited to go, but I didn't. While it's not a scam, I don't think that it's really worth putting on your application unless you're really pressed. It's not all that selective. Some schools only let you put 8 lines of ECs (a la Stanford).

By Fmhstud83 (Fmhstud83) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 03:49 pm: Edit

I went to the NYLC conference earlier this summer. It was a great experience - Learned leadership skills, toured D.C., met kids from all over the nation, got to hit the 6-flags amusement park. My favorite thing about it was meeting new people and making friends-It was an awesome practice run for college. I advise you to go. Even if it doesn't look very good on the resume, it was still a great experience.

By Varr_Rdz00 (Varr_Rdz00) on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 05:19 pm: Edit

my brother got one NYLC to represent mexico but he didnt go, he was visiting colleges at the time

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page