Should I answer this?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Should I answer this?
By Nautical_2000 (Nautical_2000) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 04:38 pm: Edit

I've started many of my online college apps. I think all of them so far ask what other colleges I'm applying to (optional question). Do you guys think it's wise to answer this? Especially if the school is one of my safeties? (and they could tell?)

By Hahaha (Hahaha) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 04:43 pm: Edit

no i think it would be better not to. Schools would rather admit a slightly lower student who really wants to go there and would probably matriculate than a slightly higher one who is using that school as a back up.

By Apguy (Apguy) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 07:16 pm: Edit

Don't answer it. If you're applying to a third-tier school and also Harvard, it becomes obvious the school is your safety. They want to fill up spots with students who want to be there, not students who use it as a cushion to fall back on. They'll reject you if they think you aren't going to attend because you are overqualified (otherwise known as "Tufts Syndrome").

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page