Grad School

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Grad School
By Ysette9 (Ysette9) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 01:12 pm: Edit

I am interested in going to graduate school and would like to get some information about what it takes to get in, how competative schools are, etc. I am majoring in chemical engineering and am interested in either chemistry or chemical engineering for graduate school. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

By Sdevega (Sdevega) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 01:15 am: Edit

so am i. evidently this board is for prospective froshes only... which is interesting and cool, but not what i was scanning about for.

aim me if you want: thexixthcentury
i can tell you what i know (i'm applying to english programmes though, so may not prove to be much help)

By Thedad (Thedad) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 01:19 am: Edit

I'm afraid you're right. There's no reason this board *couldn't* serve the prospective grad student community but 99 percent of the angst and obsession is in the undergrad application process.

By Carpenoctem (Carpenoctem) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 08:53 pm: Edit

I'm in the same pool as Ysette9. Not in grad school yet, but if anyone knows a site like this one...but for grad students, please tell!!!
come on, don't be shy!

By Anotherdad (Anotherdad) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 04:28 pm: Edit

Oh there is still plenty of angst at the Grad School entry level. DD1 will be graduating Magna Cum Laude in Anthro and can't decide whether that is really what she wants to do. Apply to a top school in Anthro, pick a new path, be adult and get a job, etc.?? Yes, there is plenty of Angst.
And of course the top grad schools in professional fields (law, medicine, math, business) appear to be even more selective than the Ivy undergraduate admissions.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page