What would you do if...?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: What would you do if...?
By Georgeopr (Georgeopr) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 09:15 pm: Edit

I got accepted into a third tier public state university in Illinois(UIC) and because I'm adjusting the residency status to become a permanent resident but I didn't receive the physical alien card yet, the university considers me an out-of-state student until I will bring the proper documentation. Meanwhile, I got accepted into another public university and which considers me an in-state student. UIC is the one of my choice but because of financial problems I was thinking to attend the second one since they consider me and in-state student. What would you do in this case? Go first into the second one and then transfer, or take just a class or two in UIC to keep the tuition costs down and when I will receive the documentation to switch to full time? Thank you in advance, GeorgeO.

By Serene (Serene) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 09:39 pm: Edit

first um would tuition go down at UIC if u become a permanent resident? and there's no document that'd notify that you're been granted this status?

By Georgeopr (Georgeopr) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 09:59 pm: Edit

Serene: I apologize if I wasn't clear about the tuition. UIC doesn't have the same fees for both in-state and out-of-state students.The out-of-state tuition fees are higher indeed. By "going down" I meant that since someone is a resident of Illinois, he/she will pay a lower price(the in-state tuition). The only document I have right now is that the status is pending..

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page