Who's applying to or got into GEORGETOWN?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: August 2003 Archive: Who's applying to or got into GEORGETOWN?
By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 01:52 am: Edit

If you're applying to Georgetown or if you got into Georgetown list your stats and what school withing Georgetown you're applying to. Also, rate my chances if you would:

white guy

GPA: 4.0 UW, 4.3 W
Class Rank: 4/540

SAT I: 1460 (740 Verbal 720 Math)
SAT II: 800 Math IIC, 800 Writing, 740 US His

Into first stages of National Merit (got a 218)

AP scores: Eng Comp - 5, US His - 5, Chem - 3, Span - 2

EC's:

-Speech and debate stuff
-Opinions editor of school paper
-Student Gov
-Varsity golf team
-Manage a political website where I post commentary and analysis

Also..

-This summer I'm interning for a state senator
-I just finished a macroeconomics class at a local university, got an A
-Essay is about love of politics

By Shelby1112 (Shelby1112) on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 03:30 pm: Edit

I am looking to apply at GU this upcoming Fall. Are there any suggestions that you can give me?

By Gator30 (Gator30) on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 03:47 pm: Edit

Trojan, you're a good candidate of admissions, although not a lock (many qualified applicants w/ excellent stats, blah, blah, blah)

I would make sure I have a great essay (one good tip is to write it well in advance and send it to everyone you know and get their input)

Also another thing that most applicants overlook is recommendations. One way to get a good reco is target people from whom you want recos and go talk with them over a period of time about your interest in politics and about your interest in GW. This will definately make the rec more personal which could get you a big fat packet in the mail instead of a thin letter

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 09:20 pm: Edit

Shelby, what are your stats?

By Shelby1112 (Shelby1112) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 07:42 pm: Edit

Thanks for your effort. I am going to be a senior, and having been awaiting my "learning disability" results, which would allow me to receive a time extension if found positive. The results of that specific test were found to be negative, and now I have found myself in a bind. The positive test results would have enabled me to take the ACT over again at my own pace. Not being able to do so has dumbfounded. Now I am going into admissions time with a total of 22 for an ACT score and one chance to retake it.

My G.P.A. is 3.9 unweighted.
I am working this year at State Farm Insurance.
I am taking 2 A.P. classes.
MY ECS:
Cheerleading
Varsity soccer
international club
Key club
much volunteer work
Youth group
Pep club
National honor society
National honor roll
Principal's 4.0 list
Who's Who
NSHSS
Art Club
Animal Club
Choir
Theatre
Ambassadors

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page