Financial aid or not?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Financial aid or not?
By Bigtof2092 (Bigtof2092) on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:40 pm: Edit

I am going to be applying to some extremely selective schools, will it help for admissions sake to say that i do not need financial aid.

For safety type schools, I will say that i need financial aid, but for my more "reach, match" type schools, would it be better to say "no financial aid". Assuming that its true of course.

By Serene (Serene) on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 06:43 pm: Edit

Most schools say finaid is irrelevant to admission though.

By Gator30 (Gator30) on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 04:13 pm: Edit

I've never seen a top school that considers financial circumstances in admissions. Almost all universities are 'Need Blind.' You can easily find out if a school is need blind or not by visiting the admissions website.

By Justin185 (Justin185) on Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 07:10 pm: Edit

Take Cornell for example. It was my first choice school and I came from a city where almost no one goes to Ivy League schools, so I it was a longshot for me to apply. But I would be stupid to say no to finaid because there is no way I can afford the $28,000/yr tuition. And Cornell does not factor in the finaid decision when selecting applicants......so ask for financial aid if you need it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page