Listing SAT Scores on Application

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Listing SAT Scores on Application
By Baseballtwin86 (Baseballtwin86) on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 08:05 am: Edit

I have a few questions about SAT scores in the admission process.

A. Do I have to list all my SAT tests that I have taken. For example, I got a 1420, 1490, and a 1400 on SAT's. Should I list all of them on the application? Here are my score breakdowns too:

1400 = 660V 740M --- Sophomore Year
1490 = 760V 730M --- Sophomore Year
1420 = 710V 710M --- Junior Year

And, yes it sucks that my scores went down. It was an awful curve and I should have been happy with my 1490/1500 but I thought I could get a 1550+, at least that's the level that I had when prepping.

B. Is that the same for SAT II scores? I got a 780 on the Chem SAT II after retesting from a 710. Do I have to, or should I list both.

C. Do I have to resend my scores to colleges even if I sent them to the school when I took the test.

And finally, I plan on writing my personal statement on the relationships formed around a web forum (not this one, thank god). I wanna discuss the types of people I've met, and how I have become friends with people from around the world, the same age as me, with very different views and outlooks on life. Talk about how the community has evolved, and my leadership position in it. Would that be an appropriate topic for a Personal Essay.

BTW, I plan on applying ED to Duke. I really hope I get in, it was an awesome school wen I visited.

THANK's a BUNCH :)

By Baseballtwin86 (Baseballtwin86) on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 10:45 am: Edit

BUMP :smug:

By Morgantruce (Morgantruce) on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 06:55 pm: Edit

(A)Put all the scores down. Most colleges will consider the highest ones.

The colleges see EVERYTHING about you when they get a report from the college board. If you neglect to list a low score, that will look evasive---and could cost you big time. Colleges put those blanks there because they want you to fill them in. To me, it almost looks like they are giving you an opportunity to slit your throat.

(B) yes

(C) no

By Baseballtwin86 (Baseballtwin86) on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 07:19 pm: Edit

Ok, thanks.

That's what I figured, they want you to use those blanks.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page