Personality?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Personality?
By Hova118 (Hova118) on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 09:53 am: Edit

A lot of people here say personality is important...is that personality only shown in essays?

By Serene (Serene) on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 09:55 am: Edit

Essay, teacher recs, and interviews.

By Morgantruce (Morgantruce) on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 07:15 pm: Edit

If you are a clever thoughtful person, you will want your personality to come through in EVERYTHING you submit to a college--especially the application!

You want everything to project your personality!

Even with boring forms that ask a whole series of yes/no questions---if you come to a particular question that you feel quite passionate about, instead of checking off "yes" you could write in "definately!" or "I'd love to try that!"--- something that expresses yourself in your own unique manner. No, you don't want to overdo that---but you also don't want your application to look like you answered everything in a very automatic way. Make your application uniquely yours.

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 08:22 pm: Edit

I don't know why this reminds me of this, but on one app, they had asked if my parents were married, divorced or seperated and I made my own little box and put "never married". I just felt it was appropiate.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page