Is this a "rare" major?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Is this a "rare" major?
By Almostdone (Almostdone) on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:07 pm: Edit

hey...i have heard that when applying to college, it is best to say ur undecided about ur major, UNLESS your choice is one of the less popular ones, like, say East Asian studies. well i want to do neuroscience, and i was wondering if that was a rare one. i know both biology and psychology are very popular majors but is it the same for neuroscience (which in many cases is like a cross between the two). would declaring that as my major help me or hurt me?
thanx for reading

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 12:05 am: Edit

Most students apply undecided and it's ok if you do. If you'll really be pushing neuroscience and the sciences in general in your application, then you should put neuroscience down as your intended major. Colleges really don't put a lot of weight into your intended major since most students change their major while in college. So if you're strongly considering neuroscience, then put it down!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page