National Society of High School Scholars HELP!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: National Society of High School Scholars HELP!
By Healthy_Body (Healthy_Body) on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:28 am: Edit

Heard of it?? Ok the deadline is in like 3 days. Should I send in the 40 big ones to become a member or should i save my hard earned money and buy pot study guides?

By Serene (Serene) on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 11:17 am: Edit

save it.

By Siena (Siena) on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 03:50 pm: Edit

scam

By Apguy (Apguy) on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 06:50 pm: Edit

And yes this is a scam, so you can save your money on some "tasty" brownies.

From the Better Business Bureau:

(http://www.atlanta.bbb.org/common.html?location=/home/common/www/mis67/report.php&bureau=atlanta&compid=12000946)

Quote:

Information received from members of the public indicates that this firm is reportedly engaged in contacting high school students and for a purported fee of $45, offers a membership into the firm. According to the company's literature, the primary benefit of membership is the fact that you can list being a member of The National Society of High School Scholars on university applications. The company further represents to potential members that it offers two annual scholarships to "outstanding new members", yet no specific criteria is delineated as to what the member must meet to be eligible to receive the scholarship, prior to paying any fees to the company.

By Healthy_Body (Healthy_Body) on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 12:03 am: Edit

Thanks for your responses...
Apguy, the link didn't work...
Also, how did they get all those famous people on the board of trustees? Maya Angelou, Edward Norton, Claes Nobel, etc...?

"Let's get lit and jump of my roof"
--OC

By Emyh (Emyh) on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 12:45 am: Edit

If you're really want to make sure if it is a scam or not, email one of them and ask them if they're on the board of trustees

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page